- 1 How Long does Cocaine Stay in your System – Information
- 2 How Long does Cocaine Stay in your System For Drug Test
- 3 How long does cocaine stay in your system- for a urine test?
- 4 How long does cocaine stay in your system- if you smoke it
How Long does Cocaine Stay in your System – Information
Cocaine is an addictive drug that makes the person energetic, confident, alert, talkative, and less sleepy and the like. On the other hand, it can also make the person feel agitated or nervous, and in worst cases, it can make the person paranoid and can hallucinate or be delusional.
This drugs is powder, hydrochloride salt in form and can be snorted or dissolved in water, smoked or even be injected. Since this drug is prohibited, it goes by the street name snow, powder lines, freebase, c, dust, crack, rock, flake or blow. The crack is the cocaine form that can be smoked.
Cocaine comes from the leaves of coca bush, a plant which grows in the Andes Mountains in South America.
When a person takes cocaine, physical symptoms may include dilated pupils, increased in body temperature, increased in heart rate and blood pressure, hyperstimulation, reduced fatigue, mental alertness, euphoric effects. The faster the absorption of the drugs means the level of high is also intense. Even though the person tried the drug for the first time, the patient may have cardiovascular emergencies such as heart attack or stroke which can lead to death.
Cocaine is a prohibited drug and negative consequences can happen because of drug dependence. In that case, a person addicted to cocaine should seek help.
How Long does Cocaine Stay in your System For Drug Test
Drug tests are done to ensure that a person is drug-free especially those who wants to be commercial drivers. The person should be free from:
- Cannabinoid (marijuana, hashish)
- Opiates like morphine, codeine
- Phenycyclidine or PCP
The different drugs tests may be in form of blood samples, hair samples, saliva test, and urine test.
- Blood samples- this determines of the person is under the influence at any given time and the most invasive procedure. Although this is the most expensive, this is the most accurate drug test.
- Hair samples- a small sample of hair is taken since the tracers can move up and down the hair shaft which is a reliable indicator of how long the drug was taken. This drug tests costs at about a hundred to one hundred fifty dollars.
How long does cocaine stay in your system- for a urine test?
A urine test is a more popular choice in drug testing. This is because it is readily available and this is not expensive. It can also detect drugs taken within the past seven days
In cocaine, the drug is detected on urine up to 72 hours after use. For those who have used the drug in a long term, traces are detected longer than 3 days.
The reference range for the level of cocaine is at 300 mg/ml and if the patient has higher rate than this, then he or she fails the drug test. In follow-up cases, a rate of 150 mg/ml indicates that he person fails the drug test.
How long does cocaine stay in your system- if you smoke it
Cocaine can also be smoked and this is called cracks. People in the streets also call it as hard, iron, rock and base.
When cracks are in pure form, they look like off-white nuggets and there are rough edges that looks like candle wax. This drug can be used as an anesthetic wherein the person feels a numb mouth or tongue. So when it is smoked, the person feels that their tongue is numb.