Here’s a list of ten best nutritious and healthy vegetables and their qualities, consuming which can bring significant improvements in your health.
- Onions: have antioxidants known as quercetin and other high nutritious anti-tumor qualities. It helps reducing inflammation. They can be used in salads and vegetables.
- Collard Greens: is one of the tasty healthy vegetables which help fighting cancer because it is rich in nutrients like sulforaphane, selenium, and diindolymethane. It also contains vitamin E, calcium and beta-carotene.
- Sweet Potatoes: are a bulky vegetable for it is full of nutrients. They are a good supplement of vitamins, anti-oxidants and beta carotene. It is also said to contain ample amount of calcium, iron, fiber and protein!
- Broccoli: is spooky looking vegetable is counted in the list of healthy vegetables because it has bountiful of vitamin A & C along with sulforaphane. These elements are considered anti-microbial and boost the creation of cancer fighting enzymes.
- Carrots: are a great source of fiber and vitamin K. Also, because of its high content of beta-carotene it helps in improving the eye-sight. They can be eating in the form of salad or as a cooked vegetable.
- Red Peppers: mostly used for decorating food is said to contain vitamin A, B6, C and folic acid. It helps in reducing heart diseases and chances of stroke. The anti-oxidants present in it also help preventing aging.
- Spinach: is called the most powerful leafy vegetable because of its high iron content. It also contains magnesium, vitamin A, C and E. They are extremely beneficial for anemic people.
- Asparagus: is full of vitamin E and B6, potassium and fiber. Certain types of anti-oxidants found in Asparagus are also found which helps fighting cancer and also strengthens the walls of capillaries.
- Celery: contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A and C. It is known for its weight reducing properties which has very low calories and hence already popular among dieters.
- Eggplants: is another healthy vegetable, ideal for a low calorie diet food. It contains a lot of fiber, copper, vitamin B1 and potassium. They are known to reduce the risks of heart diseases.
by on in Fitness, Nutrition And Diet