Belly fat or pot belly is nowhere near desirable. Having a fat belly can be very frustrating, especially to the overtly conscious people. Would you like extra fat in your belly? Of course, nobody “wants” that. Belly fat is acquired from eating too much fatty foods and from lack of exercise. According to a number of sources, the lifestyle of a person is a great precipitating factor for belly fat. However, this can be easily altered if one is willing enough to change their unhealthy lifestyle practices.
Belly fat is also identified as subcutaneous fat; the extra fat we see outwardly. Eventually, as people age, subcutaneous fat develops easily as metabolism slows down (see : how to increase metabolism). Extra fat can also come in different places of the body, varying from one person to another. Most men, as reported, have more visceral fat compared to women. Visceral fat is fat located in our body organs and are not visible in the eye, unless you cut open a person. Visceral fat entails a bigger threat compared to subcutaneous fat. But that does not mean one should not take action with the extra fat they can see visibly.
Foods that burn belly fat For Men
Most men nowadays are like women. Some are even more conscious with their physical appearance compared to women. Those men who would want to remove the extra fat in the belly would like to stay in shape. Some men aim to gain six-pack abs by doing some exercise and following a strict diet.
For men, following this diet plan can solve their belly fat:
- Lean protein. This can help reduce the extra weight in the abdominal area. Lean protein food sources are from freshwater fish, chicken minus the skin, quinoa grain, egg whites, oatmeal, soy and black beans. About 60 to 70 grams of protein in a day can help promote the extra body fat found in men’s belly.
- Monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats or MUFA may sound unhealthy because of the term “fats”, but it has been found very beneficial in maintaining a good cardiovascular system. This can somehow help reduce belly fat because it reduces blood cholesterol levels thus avoiding the development of stroke and other heart diseases. Foods which are rich in MUFA are avocados, peanut and sesame oil. It is highly advised that peanut, sunflower and sesame oils are to be used for cooking.
- Sweet potatoes. These are found to be effective removing the unwanted fat in the belly of men. Sweet potatoes contain vitamins and minerals. As reported, sweet potatoes contain low glycemic index which is very helpful in losing weight.
- Beans. Beans are good sources of protein and at the same time in assisting losing weight in men. It has been reported that beans have a certain component that trigger a particular hormone that can suppress our appetite. This hormone is called cholecystokinin or CKK which controls your food cravings and helps you avoid from overeating.
- Rhubarb. Rhubarb is a type of herb that is found to be good in lowering the body’s cholesterol levels and keeping our bowel movements to a normal pace.
Foods that burn belly fat For Women
Women are extremely conscious individuals when it comes to their bodies. Women tend to be more physically conscious and determined in losing the extra fat in the belly especially when young. Yes, women try their best to look exceptional in their bikinis during the summer season. They worry greatly from a showing belly fat when wearing dresses or other outfits alike. Women would die for the information of which foods can burn belly fat easily and to just stay in shape.
The following are suggested for women that want to lose the undesirable pot belly:
- Apples. In many years, apples are found to be very effective in losing the extra weight. Eating at least three apples a day can help make the body lean and is also good in maintaining it. Apple is very beneficial as this can also avoid serious diseases and conditions because it is a very good source for vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants and beta-carotene.
- Watermelons. This fruit is found to be helpful in avoiding development of belly fat. This is because of its vital effect in reducing artery plaque formation. According to study, watermelon induces abdominal weight loss and maintains muscles mass. In conclusion, watermelons are found to be good in maintaining a lean body for women. This is also associated with increasing the amount of water intake as this can help facilitate good bowel movements.
- Bananas. Bananas are very good nutritional food source for potassium, calcium and for vitamins A, C, E and B6. Because of its richness, its fiber content helps in burning fat as this fruit contains an average of 100 calories, depending on its size.
- Yogurt. Low-fat yogurt is highly recommended for women who want to lose belly fat. This contains a good source of calcium- which fights off fat and leucine which plays the same action as calcium. It is reported that if one does not receive sufficient amount of calcium, release of a hormone that causes to store fat is likely to happen. This hormone is called calcitriol.
- Turkey. White meat is a very good source of protein and turkey is one of them. Turkey is reported to be one of the most common food sources that contain calories. Turkey is reportedly to contain leucine, an amino acid that help in maintain muscle mass even if one is losing significant amount of weight.
- Seafood. Because seafood contain a good amount of MUFA or monounsaturated fat, which makes weight gain unlikely. Eating seafood in a regular basis can be very helpful in preventing weight gain and in providing better health.
- Cherries. Tart cherries are found to be quite helpful in managing symptoms of a heart disease. Regular intake of tart cherries can also help in reduction of cholesterol levels. These cherries are also beneficial with its antioxidant properties and in controlling the symptoms of metabolic syndrome.
- Celery. This contains a very minute amount of calories, which is highly recommended for women who wants to lose the belly fat. Celery contains only about 8 calories and is best eaten when raw.