Do not confuse bloating with being fat. When a person is bloated, he or she is puffed up owing to an overload of gas and fluids. When you tend to put on fat, your tissues comprise of an unusually high proportion of fat cells. But, this does not happen during bloating. It is in fact a swelling of the abdomen followed by an enlarged width of the waist.
Bloating of the stomach can happen due to many reasons. Some of the frequent causes are like sensitivity to lactose and other food stuff like cauliflower or kidney beans, over eating and even gaps between meals. But, the vital question in mind is how do we know that our stomach is bloated and we are not putting on the extra calories?
You have a bloated stomach if –
- You are forever belching
- You feel you have eaten too much
- There is discomfort in the tummy
- There is too much of gas
- Abdominal soreness
Picture of a bloating problem
How to get rid of bloating?
- The easiest way to solve your bloating problem is to modify your diet and shun foods that are the root cause of intestinal gas. You can slowly attempt to alter or do away with one particular foodstuff at a time. This will enable you to know what is instigating this bloating.
- Fibrous food is great for your digestive system. So, put in fiber in your diet little by little. This is because your body needs to get attuned to your new diet pattern.
- A lot many nutritionists recommend the idea of mixing different kinds of foodstuff to remove bloating. What you can do is consume your veggies with either proteins or starch. But, never make the mistake of eating with both.
- There are refining rituals like colon hydrotherapy or full colon cleansing regimen which can do miracles for our digestive system.
How to get rid of bloating fast?
- There are some quick measures to effectively eliminate our bloating distress
- Drink lots of herbal tea. There are various flavors of herbal tea like peppermint, chamomile and ginger which can reduce your bloating and queasiness. You can even use fresh ginger along with some hot water.
- There are some readily available medicines like charcoal tablets which are activated to give you that speedy respite from bloating.
- It is a must for you to exercise regularly because this is a perfect way for air to move through your entire system. Try to indulge in some yoga or stretch work outs. You can even try out the current rage, Pilates to ease out your bloating.
- If you put just a droplet of unadulterated peppermint oil on your tongue, you will not feel so immensely bloated.
- As everyone says prevention is always better than cure, the best deterrence is to take a Beano tablet before eating any kind of food which can cause bloating.
Avoid Following Foods
- Sugar, including cakes
- Hard and blue cheese
- Yeast – bread, marmite
- Beer, wine, alcohol
- Malted products like those in breakfast cereals
- Pickled onions and gherkins
- Soya sauce
- Fruits like green apples, fruit juices, dried fruits